Alright. I know. I'm not updating like I should. But there are mitigating circumstances, i.e. a bona-fide walking now 11 month old. (she started really walking just before new year, at 8 months. Eek.) I have not the time for the pointy needles when I have to race around behind her keeping her from danger. So the knitting as well as the blogging is falling behind.
Not that I haven't been knitting, I just haven't been able to do much. I did finish my dad's trigger finger mittens, just in time for his hunt that was canceled about twenty minutes after I sewed in the last end. Grr. But they looked real nice!
Well, I just figured I'd say that I have joined up. I'm officially a member of the L&V Pr0n Exchange! Yay me. So, here's my questionnaire.1. What kind of fibers do you prefer? Just about anything, so far. Haven't tried much other than wool, cotton and wool/nylon, and I've gotten sick of 100% acrylics, but otherwise...
2. What kind of weight do you prefer (sock, worsted, bulky)? sock. or worsted. I desperately want the time to knit my girlie up a pink tweed Weasley, but other than that I love the sock.
3. Do you spin? I have (several) spindle(s), and some roving, but no, not really
4. Do you crochet? Since I was 6, but now that I found knitting, crochet is relegated to edgings
5. Are there any books, patterns, magazines would you like to own that you don't? That one sock book by Priscilla GibsonRoberts that everyone says you should have, the Interweave Favorite socks book, and of course the L&V book
6. Are you participating in any themed a-longs like the Project Spectrum? Yeah, I set aside time for that in the 27th hour of the day (in other words, no.)
7. Do you have a wishlist on Amazon.com or Half.com? (provide a link) I do, but it's only set up cause the in-laws have no brains and can't shop without someone telling them what they like to the letter, so don't bother with it.
8. Any Etsy stores that you would love to get something from? Sure....I just don't know which ones
9. What other crafty things are you involved in (quilting, drawing, painting)? I've tried it all, but knitting is the best (due to the whole takes-no-time-to-set-up-or-clean-up thing, and the portable thing.)
10. What is your favorite sort of scent? I like fruit scents, like pear and melon and mango, but not vanilla or flowery. I would mention my favorite perfume, but the husband gags when I wear it (not because it smells bad, but because he smells "$$$$", if you catch my drift...)
11. Do you have a sweet tooth and what kind of sweets do you like best? yes. yes. yes. Since the little bit, I have become a real chocoholic. I guess I'm making up for all those years not liking it.
12. What kind of music do you like? Tori Amos, Sarah McLaughlin, Emilie Autumn...should I go there? Yeah - Cradle of Filth....I'm a strange one.
13. What do you like to knit? And for whom? Socks mostly, highly portable, small repetitions, different parts.
14. What sort of things do you like to collect? I have a decent collection of "Tea-for-one" teapots (the one where the cup and the pot are together in one unit)
15. Do you want needles? And what kind do you prefer? I REALLY wanna try knitpicks circulars. Not the options thing, just the circs. I like my sock needles to be some sort of metal for strength. I snapped bamboo in like three stitches...twice.
Labels: FO, survey, swapping