Monday, August 07, 2006
giving up
That's it. Tubey is dead. Over. Finis. At least in this incarnation. I've knit and frogged and knit and frogged more times than I care to remember. I'm just not liking the yarn I've chosen. Maybe it's because I got some of the cheapest stuff I could find. I thought it would look great in a plush, but it hid all of the texture of the rib, and when I knit it in stockinette it had no stretch. So I'm trashing that project for now.
However, I think the plush would be nice for the muff. After all, the pattern is for stash leftovers.

Tonight I made a yummy yellow curry with chicken. I've been inspired by Cooking Cute, and decided to start practicing bento production on hubbs. This is a vary basic first attempt, but it's just a regular divided rubbermaid, and I didn't have many supplies. I'm going to order a mold and try to make some onigiri, and tomorrow I'm going to boil some eggs to carve up. I just think it would be great to have a cute collection of bento along with a little practice for when MMT goes to school. Granted, I'm starting early, but it's just so cute!!
Hubbs brought me flowers and a card today for our anniversary. Two gerber daisies, my favorite. It was a nice suprise considering we already celebrated.