Friday, August 18, 2006
Party Time
So my friend just recently learned to crochet , and now she wants to learn to knit. What does that mean to her? A Stitch and Tea Party! Oddly enough, I'm going to be teaching a bit of both - crochet tips and tricks, and knitting. How is it that I became the authority on yarn in my circle of friends?
**Yay! I just got an email from my laceswap partner that she got my package! Yay! She's going to post about it tomorrow at CatKnits**
So, anyway, my friend is having a party. Yummy tea, fun fiber, and oh, yeah - we're going to the LYS first. Twice in one week.....what's come over me? Whoops, did I not mention that I already went two days ago? Could it be because I got some swapp-y things that I don't yet wish to share? Though, I did get myself some Lorna's Laces in Jungle Stripe, as well as some DPNs and cable needles...what was left in the bag is going unnamed until the recipient gets it.
I'm currently at my parent's house again (wanted to have social interaction...and not wind up talking to the trees...) and I actually remembered to bring both my camera and cable! Yay for me!
I'm making good progress on the socks, considering I can only work on them a total of about an hour per day. I just finished turning the heel, again. I didn't do the math right, and it wound up being about a half inch too short. Woe as me. But I just finished the second time, and I need to try them on again to see if I managed it this time. I did a short row heel, and after fighting with the wraps the first time, I decided not to pick them up as I finished the turn. I don't notice much of a difference, except that the yarn didn't get as fuzzy from me overworking it.