Saturday, August 12, 2006
Yummy Goodness
So, I've started my first sock. I'm using Judy's magic cast on for toe up socks with the Koigu that I got last month. I now understand the obsession with socks, after just two inches of this. Tiny, perfect stitches, and something that you know will be used, possibly used up. It just grows, and grows, working up so quickly with those eentsy stitches. I may become obsessed.In other news....I love Elann.com. I placed an order on Wednesday, and received it on Friday! It's Sonata mercerized cotton for the next reincarnation of Tubey. Enough for my sweater and MMT's, for under 50 bucks!! I was going to go for wool, but I do live in the desert. I don't want anything too warm, and I'll be able to wear cotton for longer. Yay.
I've also worked about two inches of the Hoover blanket. No pictures, though. It still looks the same. I figure I'll plug away and get two to four inches done per week, then maybe I'll get it done in time for cold weather.
I managed to get two coats of paint on my bedroom walls by two o'clock that evening. I've let it cure for a few days, and I'm going to get the trim either today or tomorrow. I"m really liking the color on the wall - just a burnt cream/light tan neutral-y color, but it really helps. I hate stark white. The trim is a simple ivory color. I can't wait to get it done - hubbs is going to put up a crown molding. Strange how when you're trying to sell you actually manage to get around to doing the things that you've been planning to do for so long.

*edited to add links, cause there should be links*