Monday, September 25, 2006
Lace-y goodness!
So, I was upstairs feeding MMT when MathMan came home this afternoon. I hear him laboring up the stairs and he comes into the room with a laundry basket full of clothes for me to fold (thanks, dear.....) Sitting on top? Not one but two, count them, TWO packages for l'il ole me! One was two teapots I ordered from e-bay. You can check them out here.
I grabbed the second - I squealed. I saw the name on the return address - I squealed louder! It was my LaceSwap package!!! My pal was Shelby, and MAN did she put together a nice package!!! About 1500 yards of a beautiful handdyed laceweight merino/silk blend. It's so lovely and squishy and soft....and the colors are beautiful! Tones of blue with green, tan, and aqua, and a few undyed spots for good measure. Reminds me of a peacock feather! She included the Gothic Leaf Stole from Sivia Harding. She definitely did her homework on me - she included two pairs of chopsticks with lovely cases, a maple tree kit to grow one of my own, and some maple tea. Mmmm....maple tea! How could your mouth not water! And to top it all off, she's from the land of my favorite team - Go Canucks!!! (Yes, I live in the desert, and yes, I love hockey. I even met MathMan at a NM hockey game. Gotta problem with it!?! :) )




I leave you with a close-up of the gorgeous yarn...
ETA - I adore the GIMP, thanks to the auto-levels feature, this is the truest to color I think I could possibly get!
2 Comments:
Blogger knitabulous said...
Great lace package, it really has been a pleasure hosting this swap, all the gifts have been thoughtful and generous. That yarn really looks a treat.

Blogger Jody said...
I love that yarn! The lace pattern will be so beautiful with that!

Lucky you!! :)