Wednesday, May 30, 2007
I talk about how much I enjoy daily blogging, and what do I do? Go and skip the next few days. Completely not by choice, though. Baby girl is trying to cut her eyeteeth right now. Not an enjoyable experience for anyone involved. Poor thing. Plus there was moving of household items. Again with the lack of enjoyment. But I was blogging in my head, really!
First up, I have a(n) FO!!! The Weasley Sweater is done (sort of.) Here it is, lounging in the swing outside. I'm quite proud. And as soon as I wove in that last stitch, I slipped it onto MMT to check the fit. Too big, which is actually a good thing in this case. It looks like it will just fit once the cooler weather rolls back around, and continue to fit through next spring. She loves it, too. She'll pick it up and take it to me or my mom and ask us to put it on her. She even goes so far as to get upset if we take it off - even though it's 90 gajillion degrees around here right now, and muggy to boot. (Monsoon season came a good three months early this year. Blecch.)
Speaking of weaving in the ends, and finishing in general, I see so many people complaining about doing it. I just love it. I feel like I'm really accomplishing something when I'm finishing - I fly through it. I love seeing those perfect little seams begin to emerge and create a recognizable shape out of a few bunched and rolled knitted pieces. How could anyone hate that??
make a plea for assistance - this is a Weasley. For those of you who don't read HP, a Weasley is a sweater with your initial on it. In case you didn't notice - there is no initial on this sweater. That's where you come in. Should I duplicate stitch it, cross-stitch, or otherwise embroider it? The thought of doing it in intarsia crossed my mind for the briefest of moments, but lets just say that intarsia is the bane of my existence. It's the one thing I wouldSo, now comes the final part, the one in which I actually take a class on at the LYS, if I could ever get over my extreme hatred of it. So, the initial got left to be part of finishing. How would you do it?

A long time ago, this was going to be a cooking blog along with the crafty. I kinda forgot about that, but I do have a recipe for you today. (No picture, by the time I had grabbed my camera, the evidence had been doled out and was almost totally consumed.)
It's a meatloaf. Don't groan, it's a *good* meatloaf! It's Cheeseburger Meatloaf. Yum. And it's more of a recipe a-la Harlot Socks - I don't measure unless I'm baking, so it's kinda more chatty and less "2.5 tbsp squee."
So, you take about one pound of ground beef, and mix in a small dollop of mayonnaise, a big handful of grated cheese, 1-2 eggs and some bread crumbs, and a dash of Worcestershire. In a separate bowl, mix together ketchup and mustard until you get an orange-y rust color. Add a little to the meat mixture, and save the rest to top the loaf. Mix everything together well. It should be moist, but not runny. Plop it down onto a sheet pan and pour the topping over it. Bake in a 350 degree oven for about a hour and a half, or until done. It tastes just like a cheeseburger, and you can add other things to taste. Think about what you like on your burgers - onions, jalapeƱos, bacon (needs to be cooked beforehand) pickles (though I would put those on after baking.) Don't forget to add any seasonings to make it your own (MathMan always likes to put Lowry's Season Salt on his burgers, so I add a little to the mix.)

I finally go invited to Ravelry!!! I'm so excited, but I haven't had a chance yet to really play around with it! For anyone who is curious, I'm (again) PinkPorcupine.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:
Blogger Trina said...
Beautiful sweater. Such great colors. I'm glad your daughter loves it!

Please tell all after you explore Ravelry. It looks like fun.

Blogger wendy g said...
The sweater is so cute. I would try duplicate stitch for the letter which shouldn't be too hard.
Thanks for the recipe. Looks delicious and easy.

Blogger meg said...
The sweater looks great! That's so cute that your girlie loves it so much too.

At least someone in this world likes finishing. I am guilty of doing all the knitting on a baby sweater (actually two of them!) and then leaving the finishing so long that the baby gets too big for the sweater. I can't believe I just admitted that. LOL.