Thursday, May 10, 2007
Just a few things
Firstly - thank you to everyone who comments here. Makes me feel like I'm not just some crazy mumbling to herself. I try to respond to everyone, but sometimes blogger just won't let me reply to a comment, so I occasionally post a response as another comment. Just so you know.
Whee! I found an online cataloger for personal libraries on Meg's blog. We all know I'm a joiner, so I started inputting some of my books, and I even put a widget in the sidebar over there.-----> That's not even half of my books - I'm down in the city looking for a new house (SQUEE!!!!) so that's just what I can think of off the top of my head. Minus my guilty pleasure from the earlier post, of course.
Currently I'm working on two things. No, that's not all that's on the needles, but it is all that I'm actively working on. The Weasley sweater for my girlie. It's out of Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece. It's splitty, but not as bad as some other yarns, and I *love* the hand and drape of the fabric. It's out of English Rose for contrast roll edging at the hem, collar and cuffs plus the big letter on the front, and a LimeLight for the body. As I'm typing all this, I feel as though I've said it before. Oh, well, if I have I'm sure you can skip over that part easily enough.
The other thing I'm working on is a sort of stashbuster project - I had two skeins of Koigu from last fall that I tried to make into socks several times. I >heart< style="font-size:85%;">I fell off the wagon. I got another two skeins of Koigu to go with these two - and I'm loving how it's knitting up, too - but I also got two skeins of CTH Supersock in two different colorways to make another. I am glad I did in the end, though, because it's a fun, easy knit. And I like knitting back. :) Someone asked me how this is managed. There is a video on knittinghelp.com, but I'm also working on getting someone to hold the camera so I can post a video of how I knit and knit back.
I've been shopping for my HSKS swap pal. Do you know how hard it is to find stuff in Hufflepuff House colors that don't look like a bumblebee barfed everywhere? But I found yarn that I wish I had gotten two skeins of - it's that pretty, and still the right colors! And I got the things to make the bag, too. (Sorry for the stealth, but she knows who she is, and I want everything to be a suprise, down to whether I'm knitting, crocheting, sewing, or *paperfolding* a bag!)
On the house front - I'm looking at one today that is Brand. Spankin. New. Someone had a builder build it, but the deal fell through on the table. It's in a lovely neighborhood, with great parks and close access to MathMan's commute, but because the builder is having to sit on it and lose money, it's selling for 50,000 less than original list!!! How excited am I? Other than that, I've got the list narrowed down to three houses that MathMan is going to see with me tomorrow, then it's decision and offer-making time. I'm going to have a dedicated craft room!! (With a Murphy bed - gotta have somewhere for guests to sleep...)
Wow, I'm wordy today, and without a single picture. Could be because the camera is in the other room and I have a sleeping baby on my lap. Oh, well, I promise pictures later!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:
Blogger meg said...
Isn't LibraryThing fun? I maxed out my free account though and I think I only have about half my books up. I had to make Mina her own account even (littlemina).

Good luck with the houses!