Tuesday, May 22, 2007
Uh-oh....
I've been tagged.

Jackie at Anja Knits tagged me with the 7 weird facts meme. Wasn't it just 6 a few months ago? Oh, well, here it is.

The rules: Each person tagged gives 7 random facts about themselves. Those who are tagged need to write on their own blog those 7 facts as well as the rules of the game. You need to tag seven other people and list their names on your blog. Then you leave those you plan on tagging a note in their comments so they know that they have been tagged and to read your blog.

1. I am a belly dancer. I have been in performing troupes as well as taught. I prefer the tribal style in music, movement, and especially costuming. I occasionally vamp out into Goth or Rave Tribal.

2. I have one daughter born April 2006. I chose not to give birth at a hospital, and did not receive any medication. I cloth diapered for a few months (until money got in the way) and am still breastfeeding.

3. I moved all the time growing up - every one to three years. My father was in the navy. It helped to experience the nation, but at the time I hated it.

4. I hate to just sit. I don't sunbathe, and I don't like just riding in the car. I love to multi-task. It's rare that you won't find me doing at least two different things at once.

5. I have a form of dyslexia, but instead of hindering me, it is actually an asset. I can read backward, upside down, and mirrored text without even realizing that it is. (And I love to read.)

6. My mom is my best friend. I know that may not seem very weird to some, and overly weird to others, but seriously. We talk about everything, we shop, we hang. All the time.

7. I despise alcohol in all forms. I've had thousand dollar a bottle wine before, and I detest it. It all tastes like alcohol. That's why if I drink, I go for the battery acid stuff (tequila or Long Island Iced Teas, mostly) because I drink to get drunk. I've been drunk a total of three times in my life. I don't smoke, and I've never done drugs.

I hope those are weird enough for everyone. It took me a good two hours to figure out what to post. If not, oh well - I guess I'm just too normal for you.
I'm such a space case! I forgot to tag other people for this thing! (That is how it works, right? Like a chain letter from hell that you can't say no to cause the person on the other end is a fiber goddess like yourself? Right??) So, lessee - Jenean for being my swap pally, Mama Turtle for being my prefect, Brooke and Cassie for being fellow house members. Everyone else has already been tagged or done the meme, so that's what I got. Plus? I'm including an out - if you don't wanna do it, you don't hav'ta!!!!

I've come to an impasse on the Chevron Scarf. Last night I knit until I ran out of Koigu, and one of the two remaining hanks is still skeined. My winder is packed, as is my swift, so it's sitting there, four feet long, in need of a good blocking, and on a large safety pin style holder until I can either get the winder out, or make a trek to the LYS to wind it up. Makes me so sad - it went from 7 inches to over four feet in a matter of days, and now it's just sitting there. I don't even have access to my stash, so I can't start another one. (I ran into the LYS the other day for a quick swap p/u, and they had just gotten in some new yarn - Fortissima Socka Disco 3 in color #03 that would make another great chevron with some L&V yarn that I have. The Disco has a tiny strand of metallic fiber running through it - sooo pretty!)
I've decided that once I've got the Koigu scarf the length I want it, I'm going to make these to go with it. If it knits up half as fast as the scarf, they'll be done in no time (once I can get to that point!) Sorry, no pictures. The scarf looks like a wad of yarn and the baby is asleep on my lap. I'm going to go knit on the sleeve for her Weasley.

ETA - Fixing a link and Durr!!! I forgot to tag other people!

Labels: ,