Wednesday, June 06, 2007
Old business, new business.
Old business first - the HSKS trivia answer is Voldemort
On to new business - I'm designing another sock. Yes, I know I haven't made the mate to the last one, but this one was just SCREAMING to be made. I'm at the tricky part right now, and I just ripped back for the second time, but this sock is scratching at the inside of my skull, trying to get out and say "LOOK!!! how cool I am! Admire me!!!" Normally, I wouldn't be so, I guess egotistical? But this sock doesn't seem of me - it seems more like I'm the vessel it's using to get made. But anyways - a description. I recently re-watched Cat Bordhi's recent Knitty Gritty appearance, and her discussion about approaching sock construction differently got me thinking about how I could do it differently. It's nothing too outrageous, but it's definitely different. And that's all I'm saying about that. So the new business? I need a test knitter for when the pattern is done. If you think you may be interested, let me know. I'm trying to keep meticulous notes, but this will be my first written out pattern. I should *hopefully* have it done by the end of the month, but if it takes longer, it takes longer.
We get our house in just over a week! AAAHHH!!!! Hmmm...I better do a double check on all my addresses.....
In other news, the SockMonkey bag has been found, contents and all!!!! It got stuck away by MathMan, who then promptly forgot that he had touched it at all. The problem? I now have to face the fact that the sock inside is too small for it's intended recipient, as well as everyone else I know. Oh, well. I enjoy the knitting, right?

Labels: ,