Sunday, January 13, 2008
Title, title, who's got the title...
Almost done with the Sir Didymus socks. Just the ribbing and cast off of the last one. They feel so nice fit-wise, I just hope the yarn softens a bit with a wash. It's gorgeous colors, but I'm not so in love with the base yarn. When I work with sock yarn, I tend to prefer the tighter plied, like Koigu and CTH, and while I'm ok with Lorna's Laces, it's not my favorite, and this yarn is more like Lorna's.
I haven't done much work on the Marvelous Mitts, but I did finish the interminable edging on the Pi shawl. It's going into the dye pot in a few minutes. I like the yarn, and MathMan did gift it to me, but man colors + laceweight make for strange bedfellows, so a-dyeing I will go. I'm thinking red, but I may change my mind at the last second (which is where I am right now.)
I also started (and finished) a plushie for MissV. I used the Cheese-kun pattern, but left off the center "leg" and worked it in different colors. MissV likes it, but my mother said it looks like a rotten tooth. Gee, thanks mom.... I'm calling this my test swatch for making many more crocheted toys, some for me and some for MissV, though in all reality they will all probably end up in her hands.
I went to the LYS yesterday to pick up some yarn I ordered for another toy, and couldn't escape without another skein of Cherry Tree Hill Supersock jumping into the bag. But, in my defense, as much as I love pink I didn't have any predominantly pink sock yarn, so it's ok, right? I don't have a picture right now, but it'll be in my Ravelry stash soon enough. Oo!!! I forgot to take points for stash acquisitioning in KnitWars!! Gotta go!!

Labels: ,